Democratic Organizing Principles
- The only way we will move forward as a party is together. Every individual who identifies as a Democrat should feel that they belong as a member of the Travis County Democratic Party, and it is our responsibility to create a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming environment for all.
- Every precinct and community within Travis County deserves the time and support of the Travis County Democratic Party. An inclusive party is one that organizes year-round, building relationships across communities to ensure robust movement for progress.
- Diversity is our promise for a brighter future for all. We must dismantle internal and societal systems, even those within our party organization, that perpetuate racism, sexism, homophobia, ableism, or any other type of discrimination and oppression.
- Voting is a fundamental right and must be protected from actions by Republicans to suppress, intimidate, and confuse people of color, low-income people, and young people in exercising their right to vote.
- Build trust within our Democratic community by ensuring the utmost transparency and proactive communication on all party operations, meetings, and functions to precinct chairs. Even when we disagree, the process by which the party operates must build trust and ensure officers, staff, and precinct chairs are accountable for the responsibility in the party’s operations.
- Invest in the power of people by developing progressive leaders inside and outside the party infrastructure through community building. This means the Travis County Democratic Party must also lead in conversations.
- Move forward together by fostering genuine relationships, committing to honest and earnest dialogue, and holding space for authentic community building.